Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mom' advice...

Ok, so this is supposed to be our Scrap Addicts blog. You know, business. However I do not have a personal blog so you guys will sometimes have to listen to me rant.

Let me just say that sometimes your mom's advice is not all that bad. Remember when she told you to always wear clean underwear? Uh huh, well, I am just glad I HAD ON underwear yesterday.

Picture this.... you are in line at Winn Dixie. Your 2 year old is in the basket screaming bloody murder and your 4 year old is walking up and down the line you are in asking everyone what their name is and if they know his address. Whatever. You have been waiting in line for 15 minutes now. Apparently, Winn Dixie is giving something away today that you have no knowledge of. It is finally your turn to check out. You have placed all of your items on the belt only to have said 2 year old reach over all pull them off and throw them back in the basket. The 4 year old is pleading with you to buy every piece of chocolate that is at the check out counter. You have lost your patience as well as part of your mind. You move up ever so slightly so that you are standing in front of the card swipe thingy. You are almost home free. Let me remind you that Winn Dixie is super busy. Tons of people checking out in all aisles. At this precise moment, your 4 year old decides he is going to run his hand up the back of your dress and lift it as high as his head. Yes folks, I have now just flashed everyone who is checking out in the lane behind me.

I reacted so fast that I don't think I even thought about it. I spun around faster than a bat out of hell and smacked him in the head. It is amazing his nose didn't fall off. Now, not only am I humiliated because I have flashed everyone but I have now abused my kid in public. Great. Here comes Child Protection Services. I don't even remember loading the groceries into the car or the ride home.

Thank God the day is almost over. At least I can look forward to Idol.

Lemoine - Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment